The purpose of the Storekeeper position is to maintain currency and accuracy of an extensive and complete inventory record of a large variety of materials, supplies, and equipment in all District stores. The Storekeeper must initiate requisitions for the purchase of materials in a timely manner to ensure that they’re readily available and in sufficient supply when operating divisions throughout the District need them to be available.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school degree or equivalent education
- Maintain a valid Nebraska driver’s license with a responsible driving record
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare daily records on fuel deliveries and follow all state and federal regulations on underground fuel storage tanks
- Requisition, receive, pack, mark, store and issue materials, supplies and equipment
- Inspect all retired property items; repair if necessary and replace it in stock or arrange for its appropriate disposal
- Periodically conduct informal inspections to determine whether inventory of items stored is sufficient for volume used by the District
- Maintain order and accuracy of all inventory record keeping, files, reports and documentation at all times
- Maintain order and cleanliness in storerooms, office, and related facilities at all times
Loup River Public Power District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.